48 3 8
Even when I was still single, I already loved to cook and experiment in the kitchen. One of the things that I love to prepare for the family is seafood rice. It’s a kind of fried rice that’s loaded with seafood and was one of the dishes that made hubby fall in love with me. haha Without further ado, here is my seafood fried rice recipe.
- Another dish that can impress the family: Make Restaurant-Style Spicy Baby Back Ribs at Home
Seafood Rice Recipe
There is always that one dish that a homemaker develops and becomes well-loved by the entire family. This started with my own family and was particularly enjoyed by one man who attended my birthday party.
Will you about it in our joint blog, Marriage Markers. It’s an elevated Filipino-style fried that is surely going to make seafood lovers go nuts. This is a certified Pinoy dish. Here is the seafood rice recipe.
- Cooking oil
- 2 heads garlic and 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 kilo shrimps
- 1/4 kilo squid, clean, ink removed, sliced
- Chorizo de Bilbao (preferably Kwong Bee), sliced thinly
- 1/4 kilo chicken strips (preferably bony parts)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Chicken cubes
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (diced carrots, corn, peas)
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 6 cups cooked rice mixed with anato oil (achuete seeds fried in oil)
- 5 pcs Kani sticks (crab sticks), sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Fried scrambled eggs, sliced, as garnish
- In a small pan, heat some cooking and add garlic and onions. Stir-fry for about a minute then add the shrimps. Season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimps have turned red-orange. Remove from pan.
- Add a bit more oil and stir in some garlic and onions again. Cook the squid for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook, as the squid will become tough. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the chorizo de bilbao lightly. You will smell the aroma of the chorizo. Remove the slices from the oil.
- Saute the rest of the garlic and onions for about a minute. Be careful not to brown them. Stir in the chicken slices and season with salt and pepper. Cook through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken cubes and mashed to dissolve quickly. Then add in the mixed vegetables. Mix well and make sure that the vegetables are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the red bell peppers and cook for another minute.
- Add in the rice mixed with anato oil. Mix well and adjust the seasoning.
- Mix in the kani sticks.The crab will disintegrate and mix into the rice.
- Add the pre-cooked shrimps and squid. Let their juices mix into the rice to add to the flavor. Be careful not to break the shrimps when mixing.
- Finally, add most of the sliced green onions and chorizo slices all over. Mix well and cook for another two minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with slices of scrambled eggs and green onions.
A Complete Meal
The seafood fried rice is a complete meal because it has carbs and different kinds of seafood. Plus chicken and chorizo, too.
You may want to serve this during Sunday lunches when everyone in the family is present. Pair it with some Peach-Mango Ice Box Cake for dessert and it’s going to be a celebration!
Or maybe during a birthday party, because this is quite a special dish. Like I did. I introduced it to people other than family during my birthday. And it was a hit, needless to say.
It’s a cross between arroz ala valenciana, which uses glutinous rice and turmeric. Plus, it looks exciting with all the colors as well as the seafood toppings!
Other homecooking recipes
Meanwhile, here are some other recipes that I usually cook at home. You might want to these at home, too, and impress your whole family. Please read the kitchen hacks I do.
- Arroz Caldo Recipe: How to Liven Up This Comfort Food
- DIY Shabu-shabu Hot Pot Recipe for the Family
- How to Cook KBL (Kadyos, Baboy, Langka): Ilonggo Comfort Food
- Health Benefits of Oyster Mushrooms + Recipe
- Fight Off Depression by Baking Oatmeal Cookies
- Suaje on the Rocks Recipe
- Creamy Baked Scallops with with Sliced Potato Recipe
- Balut Recipes for the Craving Mama
- Cha Misua | Chinese Birthday Misua Recipe
- Baked 40-Clove Garlic Chicken Recipe (Modified)
- Cooking with Crab Fat Paste (Aligue)
- Cooking with Chorizo | Cocina Estella Spanish Chorizo
- Shrimp Etouffee: A Cajun Seafood Recipe
Read Similar Posts:
48 3 8