Ever since I was a young child, I always hear the saying “Health is Wealth” repeated over and over again. I can also see it in handmade posters along with the other famous saying “Cleanliness is next to Godliness” plastered in our classroom. But this didn’t mean so much until I started having children of my own. And now that Covid-19 is threatening our world, our health and immunity have become a top priority. That is the primary reason why I give vitamin supplements for kids to our two daughters.
- Related: Stages of Dealing with Covid-19
Why Vitamin Supplements for Kids Are Necessary
It is a fact that food alone cannot complete our body’s nutritional requirements. With our limited access to fresh food every day, we could not possibly perfect the balanced diet that our body needs.
But honestly, even if we are free to go to the supermarket or farmer’s market, who can really afford to prepare superfoods every day? Fruits and vegetables are expensive and can really eat up a big chunk of the family budget. Plus, they do not stay long so you have to buy them frequently.
To compensate for that, we need food supplements (natural or otherwise) in order to keep the body in tip-top shape.
It is especially all the more true for our children. Vitamin supplements for kids are necessary because aside from health and immunity, they also need ample nutrients for growth of body and mind.
With the threat of Covid-19 around us, we need to keep our children protected with the right combination of vitamins and minerals that can give the optimum benefits. That’s called nutrient synergy.
For Stronger Immunity
Vitamin C is the most famous vitamin for immunity and many other health benefits. But do you know that it works best when combined with zinc?
A proper dosage of Vitamin C, when mixed together with zinc, boosts immunity and hastens healing especially in infections like the common cold. (Source)
But one of the greatest concerns in giving high doses of ascorbic acid Vitamin C is its acidity. Thankfully, there is another form – the non-acidic Vitamin C called sodium ascorbate.
And for kids, there’s Bewell-C Kids. It’s non-acidic Vitamin C with Zinc in syrup form made by Bewell Neutraceuticals Corp.
Per 5ml of syrup, your child gets 100mg of non-acidic Vitamin C and 10mg of zinc.
It is within the recommended daily allowance for these nutrients.
Bewell-C Kids Dosage
Here is the dosage of Bewell-C Kids for kids up to 12 years old. It doesn’t really take much to provide complete nutrition to your children.
- Young kids below years old – 1/2 teaspon daily (2.5ml)
- Children 2-6 years old – 1 tsp daily (5ml)
- Children 7-12 years old – 1-2 tsps. dailsy (5-10ml)
For infants, ask your paediatrician for advice. As for adults, it’s better to take the Bewell-C capsules for a 500mg dose of non-acidic Vitamic C.
Bewell-C Kids SRP is PhP 130 per 120ml bottle and it’s available at Mercury Drug and Watsons.
For Faster Growth
The vertical growth of children is an issue among Filipinos. It could be genetics that the average height is short, but it could also be lack of nutrition.
While many may say that being tall is mere vanity, but there are many things that can achieve if they are taller. It may be just the prerogative of parents, but why not give our children the best options for life?
- Related: Birthday Party Rentals
One ingredient that is proven to help kids grow taller is the Chlorella Growth Factor or CGF.
Hi-Kidz Supplement Syrup has 100mg of CGF per 5ml, along Taurine, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, B vitamins, and Lysine.
Hi-Kidz Syrup Dosage
This vitamin supplement for kids is recommended for older children. A lower dose or a different product may be recommended by the pediatrician on younger kids and infants.
- Ages 7-12 years old – 1/2 teaspoon daily (2.5ml)
- Ages 13-18 years old – 1 teaspoon daily (5ml)
Hi-Kidz Supplement Syrup SRP is P180 per 120ml bottle and is available at Mercury Drug and Watsons.
Note: Both brands of vitamin supplements for kids are quality products of Bewell Nutraceuticals Corp.
Meanwhile, here are other health stories for you on this blog.
- Working too much using our hands can lean to stiff fingers and even numbness. Here’s a DIY Home Remedy for Stiff Fingers
- Want to eat sizzling sisig? Here’s a yummy but healthier alternative for you. Read: Try This Easy Sizzling Tofu Sisig Recipe for a Vegetarian Meal
- Air pollution is all around us, even inside the home. Since we stay at home most of the time now with the Covid-19 pandemic, here are Tips to Improve the Air Quality Inside the Home
- One of the things that helped us strengthen our immunity to fight airborne allergens is the Himalayan Salt Lamp. Read: Himalayan Salt Lamp in Our Bedroom | Health Benefits
- Stiff neck and upper back pains bothering you? Here’s an Upper Back and Neck Pain Therapy Program in Bacolod that might help you.