Avoid high electricity bills now and conserve your hard-earned peso. There are plenty of clever energy-saving tips to prevent your electricity costs from increasing. You don’t have to cut down on using your appliances or always live in the dark. These are impractical and inconvenient. If you just know the right things to do, you can save heaps on your monthly utility bills without compromising the quality of your daily life.
- Related: Mommy Tipid Tips to Beat Inflation
Easy to Do Energy-Saving Tips
Check out these 25 energy-saving tips to save electricity bills at home. We have done some of them.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances.
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Replace your lights with LED or CFL.
- Utilize natural lighting whenever possible.
- Always clean the filters.
- Keep your windows air-sealed (when air-conditioning is on).
- Open your windows (when air-conditioning is off).
- Defrost your fridge regularly.
- Keep your appliances clean.
- Unplug unused electronics.
- Upgrade your old appliances.
- Make use of the timer feature.
- Air dry your clothes.
- Control the temperature of your air conditioning.
- Regulate your fridge’s temperature.
- Make use of blinds and curtains to keep the heat out.
- Maximize the weight load of your washing machine.
- Shut down your computers after work.
- Turn on the range hood and exhaust for better insulation.
- Don’t leave the fridge door open.
- Adjust the brightness of your TVs and monitors.
- Don’t peek into appliances when cooking (such as microwave, oven, and rice cooker).
- Wash your dishes by hand.
- Dim or turn off your lights whenever applicable.
- Place your lights where it reflects the most.
How much can I save on my electricity bills?
Now, the big question is still, how much will you really be able to save with all these measures?
Although these energy-saving tips can greatly decrease your electricity costs, your final bill still depends on your usage. The time you used on different household appliances can also play a big part in your electricity costs. They can eat a huge chunk of your monthly family budget, so it’s important to monitor your usage.
What are Energy-efficient appliances?
Energy-efficient is a broad term and its meaning can vary greatly. Generally, energy-efficient appliances work similarly to regular appliances, but they consume less power and electricity. Even in the same settings, energy-efficient appliances will cost less because of their newer technology and components.
Why get energy-efficient appliances as a first-time homeowner?
First-time homeowners have to deal with a lot of expenses — from purchasing the house to making necessary customizations in the interiors. Your first months in your new home is a crucial time when it comes to your expenses. Whatever you can save will be really helpful for you as you try to achieve your family goals.
On top of all these energy-saving tips to save on electricity bills, buy an affordable house located in a strategic location. For this, you can trust BellaVita! Their houses are Sakto sa Budget, Sakto Sa’yo!
For more inquiries about BellaVita homes and location, visit BellaVita, or send a message through Facebook.