Homemakers who do their own cooking for the family mostly prefer non-stick frying pans and pots. They require very little cooking oil or none at all, plus it is easy to make your dishes perfect. In this regard, many Filipino moms trust Omega Houseware for its affordable, coated, non-stick cookware. Here are some practical ways that you can care for your Omega Houseware non-stick frying pan. These should keep their coating free from scratches for a long time.
Filipinos love to eat and share happy moments with family and friends over food. I grew up surrounded by cooks headed by my own mother. She comes from a long time of cooks in their family and it is just enjoyable for me to have learned to cook at a young age.
When hubby and I got married, we received several wedding gifts of Omega Houseware, which I have until now. Hubby enjoys it so much that I can cook and he knows if I did the cooking and not our helper because the dish would be plated nicely.
- Check the Omega Houseware Online Store on this link.
That is because Omega Houseware products have been around for several decades and are part of the homes of many Filipino families. Their quality home products range from cookware, dinnerware, and also drinkware. I totally love their ceramic serving dishes with metal stands and now I want to try cooking their ovenware.
So I got a couple during the Shopee 8.8 Mega Flash Sale because of the discounts they offer. Check out my purchases.
Omega Houseware Bence Rectangular Glass Bakedish with Lid
With the Omega Houseware Bence Rectangular Glass Bakedish with Lid, I am excited to cook a whole chicken using just salt. Will share the recipe once I have made it.
- Buy the Omega Houseware Bence Rectangular Glass Bakedish with Lid: https://shp.ee/ysu5afs
Omega Houseware Glass Pitcher
We like using the Omega glass pitcher in the house for our drinking water because it is safer than plastic. However, somebody knocked our old one so it’s time to buy a new pitcher. And of course, I am still buying another Omega. The round glass pitcher with 1L capacity is so sleek that it can fit snugly in the refrigerator without taking up much space.
- Buy the Omega Houseware 1L Round Glass Pitcher: https://shp.ee/sngu992
Omega Houseware Robbia Glass Food Keeper with Airtight Lid
- Buy the Omega Houseware Glass Food Keeper: https://shp.ee/4e33yra
How to Keep Your Non-stick Frying Pans from Getting Scratches
One thing that we hate is scratches on the coating of our non-stick frying pans. So how can we avoid this? How do we take care of our non-stick pans in order for them to serve us well and long?
If you have helpers in the house, the best thing to do is to instruct them on how to clean your precious non-stick cookware. This is especially true if you have a new househelp, as we cannot expect them to know the difference of a coated pan and the regular stainless steel or aluminum pans.
- Buy the Omega Houseware Non-stick Frying Pan: https://shp.ee/mif3uki
But if you cannot trust them, then you have will have to do it yourself. Here are some ways to extend the coating of your pans.
- Use only prescribed kitchen utensils like plastic, wood, or silicon when cooking. Never use metal utensils on Teflon-coated pans.
- Wait until the pans are completely cool before washing them.
- Do cook on super high heat.
- Use only a soft sponge with lots of suds and do not scrub. Moisten your pan and gently move the sponge around.
- If there are hard stains, like burnt barbecue sauce, you will have to add some oil and heat the pan. When it is already cool, then that is the time that you can wash it. The heat plus the oil will loosen those charred stuff left on your pan.
- Do not stack your pans on top of each other facing up. The bottom of the pan will scratch the surface of the coating. Instead, hang them up or place them side by side in the cabinet. If you need to stack them, put the bigger pan on the bottom and pile going up to the smallest. This way, the surfaces do not touch each other.
Hope these tips help. Happy cooking!