48 2 12
The SM Store is the biggest department store chain in the Philippines today. We are glad that we have one here at SM City Bacolod, but honestly, going through all their wares in the three-story building can be daunting. Thankfully, they have ventured into online shopping and we can now enjoy leisurely shopping anywhere, anytime. Introducing, the new secure online shopping portal called SHOPSM for Vis-MIN, run by The SM Store.
SHOPSM for Vis-Min Online Shopping Portal
Filipinos love the SM Store. Ever since they opened in Bacolod City, we can no longer count how many we have shopped there for the family. There are so many nice things that we need and are affordably priced. They have given us so many choices for lifestyle products.
And now, we love them even more because they opened SHOPSM.com – an online shopping portal. Swipe-swipe and click lang and we can already complete our shopping.
At present, stocks and product choices are limited but they have collections for the whole family and the home. I also discovered that they are carrying many things that are not being sold in the stores.
P1000 Challenge: Online Shopping for the Family
I took to SHOPSM.com for a post-Christmas shopping for the family. Promising myself that I will only spend a maximum budget of P1,000, I went in search for something that each one would like. Would you believe, I was able to shop for the four of us with a one-thousand budget?
Here are the things we picked:
- Hubby – Rechargeable flashlight (P100)
- Mama – SM Woman Dress (P399.75)
- Shane – Unicorn Journal (P249.50)
- Achi Shawna – So-en Girls Underwear (P264.75)
Total – PhP1,014.00 – Success!
- Related: Jeunesse Anion Pads for Teens
However, Papa decided that Shane would appreciate the reversible unicorn backpack with water bottle (P499.75) more, as we already bought her a journal last Christmas.
So after the new item, so our bill totaled P1264. Still not bad for a family of four and everyone gets what they want or need.
After choosing all the items, we went to check out, filled up our delivery address and payment options. Confirmations of our order, payment, and then subsequent sales invoice were sent through email. You will receive all three emails for every transaction.
Then we wait for our order to arrive.
Hubby made the right decision in picking out the backpack with water bottle for Shane.
SHOPSM offers reliable payments through credit card or cash on delivery (COD). For credit cards, they VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, and JCB.
However, payment depends on mode of delivery.
SM Advantage Card
Good news for SM Advantage card holders. Continue to collect points with your online shopping because you can input your SMAC number upon checkout on your first purchase. The account gets saved so your succeeding purchases automatically earn points.
The points you will earn are the same as when buying from a physical store. But online, they do include the shipping fee in the computation.
For example, a purchase of P350 earns 1 point only. But add the shipping fee of P99 and you get 2 points on your SMAC account.
For Pick Up or Delivery
Nationwide delivery is offered for a minimal fee. In Bacolod City, shipping fee is P99 for a medium sized box. I am not sure how much it is in other provinces. If choose delivery at your preferred address, you can choose COD as your payment option.
However, we chose Click and Collect because our house is only 2 kilometers away from SM City Bacolod and we are always there. That saved us P99. But if you choose this option to collect at the SM Store branch nearest you, then you will have to use your credit card.
SHOPSM will send you a text message that your times are ready for pick up. Along with the text message is a one-time password (OTP) that you will use to claim your parcel at The SM Store.
Click and Collect Centers in Metro Manila
In Metro Manila, here are the click and collect centers:
- Aura Premier – Upper Ground Floor near the luggage section
- BF Paranaque – Ground Floor near Cashier 3
- Cubao – Basement Level across Bills Payment Counter
- Fairview – Ground Floor Customer Service Counter
- Makati – 4th Floor across the luggage section
- Mall of Asia – Ground Floor near the men’s wear area
- Manila – 3rd Floor near Cashier 23
- Marikina – 3rd Floor beside Children’s Wear
- Megamall – Upper Ground Floor near Cashier 14
- North EDSA – Basement Level near Cashier 5
- San Lazaro – Ground Floor near Men’s Wear and Cashier 6
- Southmall – Ground Floor near Men’s Accessories and Cashier 15
- Valenzuela – Ground Floor behind Counter 3
Regional Click and Collect Centers
Meanwhile, orders can be picked up at the Customer Service Counter of the following THE SM STORE locations:
- Bacoor – Ground Floor near Cashier 4
- Bacolod – Ground Floor beside Men’s Wear and Cashier 3
- Baguio – Second Floor near Cashier 9
- Cabanatuan – Ground Floor near Cashier 4
- Cebu – Ground Floor near Kultura
- Dasmarinas – Upper Ground Floor behind Installment Counter, near Ladies Wear
- Davao – Ground Floor near Kultura
- Iloilo – Upper Ground Floor near Cashier 1
- Legazpi – Ground Floor near Cashier 2
- Lipa – Ground Floor behind Cashier 5
- Pampanga – Ground Floor near Cashier 11 and Supplies Station
- San Jose Del Monte – Upper Ground Floor near Cashier 5
- Sta. Rosa – Ground Floor behind Cashier 6
Just like in a physical mall, the holidays can also affect online shopping delivery. We experienced delays because we placed our order just after Christmas. But it was okay, we weren’t in a rush anyway. We picked up our items on January 5, 2020.
So if you need the items you ordered immediately, you will have to give a two-week allowance (working days).
I followed up my orders via email on January 4. Instead of a reply, I received the OTP the following day through text message. Since I was already downtown, I passed by SM City Bacolod and picked up my parcel.
Return and Exchange
What I didn’t know was that the dress that I ordered was the SM Woman Prima, which is a plus size. While I checked the size guide upon ordering, I did not imagine that it was going to be very big.
- Related: Timeless Mom Style on a Budget Tips
Returns can be processed within 30 days from the date of receipt. So I went back to the SM Store Bacolod to check if they have the same size so that I could properly fit it. I was told that they have not seen that design in SM Bacolod. It was probably just available in Manila or online. I browsed through their other collections and realized that I got quite a good bargain because even at regular price, I have not seen a P399 SM Woman dress.
I still returned the Large dress. They issued me a voucher that I could use to purchase for a replacement at the store. But since I could not find a dress that I like within the same price range I was willing to shell out, so instead I got a kimono robe.
What about the dress? I re-ordered it online, this time, a MEDIUM. And that felt good. hahaha
SHOPSM for Vis-Min
The availability of SHOPSM for Vis-Min has made the good quality yet affordable merchandise of the SM Store available nationwide. Now, cities or provinces where SM has no branch can still shop from the Store.
How to order from SHOPSM for Vis-Min
- Visit www.shopsm.com
- Sign in if you’re already a member or register if not yet. I used my Facebook account to sign in. It’s easier for me this way.
- Browse the category you are looking for. Or you can go straight to the SALE category. You can also search for the keyword of the items you are looking for (i.e. UNICORN).
- Click on the item(s) that you want and add to bag.
- If you’re done with your shopping, click the bag button at the upper right side of the screen. Click check out.
- Select the delivery option. You may want your item/s to be delivered to you or you may collect them at your chosen The SM Store branch.
- Add your SM Advantage, SM Prestige, or BDO Rewards Card number to earn points in every purchase. The number will be save so that you don’t have to keep typing it every time you order.
- Check your Mode of Payment.
- Place your order.
- You’ll receive an email notification from ShopSM that your order is confirmed.
- You’ll also receive an invoice from ShopSM.
- There will be a text message from 2go Express stating that they’ll deliver your item. Or you will receive a text message from Shop SM that your order is ready for pick-up at your chosen The SM Store branch. Save that text because it has your one-time password.
Gifts to Other Places
Just tonight, I remembered that I forgot to buy the gifts that I promised a cousin in Zamboanga City. I also learned that they do not have an SM Store there.
Since the unicorn journal that she liked was available through SHOPSM for Vis-Min, I ordered it, added two more items, and shipped it to her place of work in Zamboanga.
And guess what? The shipping fee is only P99—which is so much cheaper than sending boxes through other couriers. Happiness for me and the cousin who is going to receive them. The SHOPSM for Vis-Min service is so cool. We can easily give gifts to family and friends in other cities!
SMSHOP.com is still on its beta phase so you might encounter minor glitches and limited supply. But it’s all good and safe.
So happy with this development. Thank you, SM Store for joining the online shopping world! SHOPSM for Vis-Min for the win.
Family Shopping Stories
- Shifting the Sisters to a Bunk Bed for Kids
- Sisters Exchange Gifts for Christmas
- Tips in Choosing the Best Mom Shoes
- Uniqlo PH: Our Family Fashion Store
- Hello Kitty Fall Fashion for Kids
- Healthy Options Collagen Complete: My Secret to Beauty from Within
48 2 12