Sometimes, you just want to get away from the realities of your own little world but you don’t have a lot of time to travel. With that, a family staycation is the easiest solution. In Bacolod City, You can spend your weekend in a Seda Capitol Central Premier Room and enjoy a seafood buffet for lunch or dinner.
The Seda Capitol Central Premier Room
You want a spacious room for the family to be able to comfortably move around? Then choose the Seda Capitol Central Premier Room. It features a king-sized bed, a living area, open closet, as well as an office desk. Even the toilet and bath has a lot of room to maneuver around. For a staycation, everyone in your little family has a place.
The kids can watch TV on the bed while hubby can watch videos or play games on the couch. Meanwhile, the mom with an online job can work at the office area.
We also had a nice view of the Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol Lagoon from our premier room. You could open the curtains during the day to let in the sunlight.
Premier Room Amenities
Below are the luxurious amenities of the Seda Capitol Central Premier Room.
- King-sized bed
- Sofa with center table
- High-speed internet
- Executive Desk
- Bottled water
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
- LED TV with Cignal
- Complete set of toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board
In a hotel like Seda Capitol Central, you will have pretty much everything you need for a comfortable stay. But please also be responsible and don’t abuse the complimentary provisions. Although guests pay for these, you don’t have to use up everything even if you don’t need it. Read: Tips on How to be a Responsible and Environmentally-Conscious Traveler
Seafood Splash: Eat All You Can Seafood Buffet
When you check in on a weekend, you can avail of the Seafood Splash Buffet either for lunch or dinner. The complimentary buffet tickets are good for two adults and may be availed at the schedules found below. Discounted rates apply for the kids.
- Promo Period: January 31 to May 15, 2020
- Every Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Deluxe Room – P4,900 nett
- Premier Room – P5,800 nett
*Full prepayment required. Rates are inclusive of service charge and taxes. Cancellation and modification are not allowed.
- 6:00PM to 10:00PM – Friday and Saturday (dinner)
- 11:30AM to 2:00PM – Sunday (lunch)
In our case, we opted to enjoy the seafood buffet by ourselves because our kids don’t really enjoy seafood. Plus, we will just be spending our time serving them. So instead, hubby and I had a lunch date — our own couple’s bonding – while the kids stayed in the room. Don’t worry, they had their own food.
What You Can Do During Your Staycation
Here are some of the suggestions about what you can do while having a staycation at the Seda Capitol Central premier room.
- Swim and play – we bring our own water toys like water guns and inflatables that the kids can play with. They also get to share these with the other kids who are at the pool area at the time we are there.
- Watch TV – since the kids don’t get to watch a lot of TV at home, they usually take advantage of the cable connection in hotels
- Take a nap
- Hang out by at the roofdeck to witness the sunset together
- Have a DIY couple’s facial (or you may include the kids)
- Play video games together
- Have meals together
- Partake of the breakfast buffet
- Swim some more
At home, we don’t usually have breakfast together because we wake up at different times. That’s our family dynamics. But when we stay in a hotel, we would wake up early and partake of the breakfast buffet together so that the kids will have energy for swimming.
Also, this is a good time for them to learn how to pick the food that they like and to sample new stuff. They also learn how to order from the omelet station or ask for what they need from the waiters.
Watch: Mermaids in Boracay
Check out this video below of our family vacation in Boracay where the kids became mermaids. They enjoyed frolicking and swimming in their mermaid swimsuits!
Help kids to better enjoy the pool by allowing them to go through swimming lessons. Summer is approaching so there will be several swimming schools that will be open for lessons.
This swimming time with her cousin Darah has motivated her to learn to swim. She became a lot bolder in the water this week. Hope she will continue until we can have summer swimming lessons this April.
We could actually bring our homeschooling materials so that the kids can do their lessons. But a lot of times we think, we are on our family vacation, why would we let our kids do their school work?
So last weekend was purely rest and recreation for the four of us. I highly recommend it for all busy families to create more happy family memories.
- Related story: Probiotics Protect the Children’s Gut Health for Swimming
Seda Capitol Central
Lacson Street corner North Capitol Road, Bacolod City
Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tel. No. (034) 703-8888
FB Page: SedaCapitolCentral
Other Family Travel Stories
Meanwhile, below are other family travel stories that you might like to read.
- Tips for Traveling With Young Children
- nCoV Scare: Don’t Panic But Be Careful About the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (covid-19)
- Aqua Planet Water Park Philippines: All-Day Splashing Fun for the Whole Family
- Testing the Mofit Powerbank for Our Traveling Lifestyle
Read Similar Posts: