“Work hard in silence. Let success make the noise.” About 2 years ago, I started to keep my opinion to myself. With all the happenings around me, I focused on writing more positive articles in my blogs. This became harder in 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic. That is why, the Mommy Blog of the Year award from the 2nd VP Choice Awards 2020 is a very memorable and meaningful recognition for me. Read more:
The Covid-19 Pandemic
Just like most middle-class Filipino families, we have also been hit hard by the pandemic. A three-month respite from work and we were still fine.
But the longer the lockdowns stayed, the more that we were eating up from our emergency funds until they were sorely depleted.
Moreover, we were very concerned with our health and safety. Having two seniors and two kids in the house meant that we have people with high risk. Every precaution was taken, including not letting our seniors out. Staying safe at home was our best recourse.
It was a really sad and depressing time.
But I kept writing and never complained. Despite all my concerns and complaints, I didn’t rant online and kept most of them in my heart. Also, I prayed about them.
In this blog, the series Resilient Pinay Moms was started. Born out of necessity and hardships, this is a compilation of inspiring mommy stories in the midst of the pandemic.
Then, of course, there are the homecooking recipes that had the family budget in mind. With the pandemic, businesses closed down and many lost their jobs. More than ever, we needed to stretch whatever money we have.
- Related: Mommy Tipid Tips to Beat Inflation
Nomination for Mommy Blog of the Year
When the 2nd Village Pipol Choice Awards released its mechanics for the awards, one of the categories was Mommy Blog of the Year. My kumare, Mommy Ruby of Pinay Mommy Online, nominated me. She’s one of the founders and prime movers of the Negrense Blogging Society Inc. (Bacolod bloggers) but she is now back to her hometown, Cagayan de Oro. With that move, she also started the CDO Bloggers.
According to her, I fit the bill because the “award will be given to the parenting and lifestyle blog that continues to provide quality content and helpful guides for parents and adults, especially in this time of a pandemic.” She said that with all that, my blog comes to her mind first.
Wow! I am thrilled and honored.
The Road to the Bagging the Awards
Part of the mechanics of the award is online votes on the website and Facebook shares. With this, my hubby took on a very important role. He was my main campaign manager and motivator. And I want to honor him for all the love and support because this would not have been possible without his help.
Moreover, what touched me the most were the people messaging me that they are praying for me because they believe that I deserve the award. They say that they are not very active on Facebook but they support me by voting. Just wow!
And last March 6, 2021, it was officially revealed that I did bag the Mommy Blog of the Year award and it is such an honor. This is my third award for 2020, after the Blog of the Year at the Globe Media Excellence Awards (GMEA).
2020 had not been an easy year and to be recognized for my efforts in spreading good news is very encouraging.
Complete List of Winners of the 2nd VP Choice Awards
Meanwhile, below is the complete list of winners for the 2nd VP Choice Awards. Presented by Red Entertainment, Village Pipol, Casino Filipino and co-presented by Sharp, Granny Goose Tortillas, and Chicharron ni Mang Juan.
- Dream Destination of the Year (local) – Coron, Palawan
- Dream Destination of the Year (International) – South Korea
- Beauty and Wellness Center of the Year – Dermclinic
- Mommy Blog of the Year – Maria Sigrid Lo, LovinglyMama.com
- Fashion Influencer of the Year – Ken Suson
- Beauty Influencer of the Year – Letisha Velasco
- Tech Blog of the Year – REVÜ Philippines
- Mobile Brand of the Year – realme
- Online Shopping Portal of the Year – Lazada
- Breakthrough Social Media Star of the Year – Ivana Alawi
- YouTuber of the Year – Alex Gonzaga
- TikTok Star of the Year – Andrea Brillantes
- Local Drag Queen of the Year – Katkat Dasalla
- Loveteam of the Year – Kycine
- Fandom of the Year – A’Tin
- FM Radio Station of the Year – Energy FM 106.7
- Radio DJ of the Year – DJ Kara
- Performer of the Year – Sarah Geronimo
- Group Performer of the Year – SB19
- Promising Male Star of the Year – Kokoy de Santos
- Promising Female Star of the Year – Francine Diaz
- Movie of the Year – Fan Girl
- Actor of the Year – Adrian Lindayag, “The Boy Foretold by the Stars”
- Actress of the Year – Charlie Dizon, “Fan Girl”
- BL Loveteam of the Year – Kokoy de Santos and Elijah Canlas
- TV Station of the Year – ABS-CBN
Congratulations to all the winners!
Thank you very much for the trust, Village Pipol and RED Entertainment for this honor! So happy to be a part of this prestigious roster of winners for the 2nd VP Choice Awards!
To God be the glory!