BTS and K-Pop fans rejoice! The expansive property where 21st-century pop icons BTS stayed during the filming of HYBE’s original content, IN THE SOOP BTS ver. Season 2, is now on Airbnb for an overnight stay! For the first time ever, guests will get the chance to find a moment of peace in the lush countryside of South Korea’s Gangwon region – just as the seven members did while enjoying everyday life and rest on the original content produced by HYBE.
Enjoy In the Soop Estate
During the second season of IN THE SOOP BTS, the band members experienced leisurely moments and reconnected with nature amidst their busy schedules. Guests will stay at the property, which is a part of a larger estate, and relive their favorite IN THE SOOP BTS moments, such as:
- Reading books in the study like RM or relaxing, Jin-style, on the unicorn-shaped float in the home’s pool
- Finding creative inspiration and strumming guitars like SUGA, snapping selfies with a Polaroid-like j-hope or painting on a canvas as V does
- For more high-energy entertainment, weight training like Jimin, flying high on a trampoline-like Jung Kook, or bouncing a ball on the basketball court like Bam, Jung Kook’s dog. Read here about the Benefits of Rebounding on the Trampoline.
About the stay
The one-night stay* on August 29 for only $7** — a nod to the band’s seven members — will immerse two lucky guests in the various elements the K-pop group personally enjoyed during their time on a property only a few months ago, including:
- Some of the same furniture and amenities that appeared on the show so guests can truly channel the lifestyle of BTS
- A karaoke machine, sound system, and all of BTS hit tracks and albums, including “Permission to Dance”, “Butter” and their just-released album, Proof
- Specially catered dishes like charcoal grilled Korean beef (which the band referred to as “the best taste in the universe” in the show), and tteokbokki, or simmered rice cakes. Plus egg tarts produced by Bang & Bakers, currently served at HYBE INSIGHT, HYBE’s music museum.
How to book In the Soop
Guests can request to book this stay on Tuesday, August 2 from 11 AM KST (10 AM PHT) at airbnb.com/inthesoopbts. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Seoul, South Korea. Round trip car transportation will be provided for the 20-minute journey from KTX PyeongChang station to the IN THE SOOP BTS property.
While only one overnight stay will be offered, “geok jeong ma” — there will be an opportunity to check out the IN THE SOOP BTS property while staying at other listings near the property soon.
For those looking to discover similar stays surrounded by nature, Airbnb recently introduced a new way to search and discover homes through Airbnb Categories. With 200,000 countryside homes available around the globe, there are plenty of “in the soop” inspired getaways.
Those hoping to stay in the IN THE SOOP BTS ver. ‘Pyeongchang’ Filming Location should note that this stay’s rules require following applicable local rules and guidelines as well as Airbnb’s COVID-19 Safety Practices, which will include wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when required by local laws or guidelines. Staff will also comply with local rules and guidelines while on-site, and will abide by our five-step enhanced cleaning process.
*This one-night stay is available for one participant and their fellow guest and is not a contest.
**Plus taxes and fees
- Airbnb is closely monitoring Korea’s COVID-19 infection rates and government policies and will offer booking guests a US $1,000 Airbnb travel credit if Airbnb determines it is necessary to cancel the stay.
About IN THE SOOP
IN THE SOOP, an original content produced by HYBE, features artists embarking on a break in the woods as they step away from their regular work routines. Starring artists reconnecting with nature, HYBE released a series of shows from “In the SOOP BTS Ver.”, “In the SOOP BTS ver. Season 2”, “IN THE SOOP SEVENTEEN ver.”, to its spin-off “IN THE SOOP : Friend-cation”.
Based on the concept of a restful and healing break from the series, HYBE introduces off-line pop-up stores with lifestyle products in multiple cities around the world including Seoul, Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
Fans will also be able to experience a unique accommodation and F&B experience at IN THE SOOP BTS ver. ‘Pyeongchang’ Filming Location starting August 2022. Through IN THE SOOP, HYBE continues to provide immersive entertainment lifestyle experiences through original content featuring artists, merchandise, and offline stores.