Summer can never be kept in the dark, without question! The bright sunshine and the subsequent high temperatures are no surprise because it simply means that it’s summertime. As we go about our daily routine and indulge in summer fun on weekends, we should always remember to take care of our bodies. It’s no fun spending the summer season when you or your family members are sick. For this post, let’s talk about a very vital body part–our heart. Prevent heatstroke and maintain your heart health this summer with these tips from Organique Acai Premium Blend.
Remember Your Heart Health During the Summer
There is no question that summer is so here. With the relaxed pandemic restrictions, we just want to enjoy our time with family and friends at the beach, at mountain resorts, and other scenic spots in the Philippines.
But let’s face it: with summer also comes health challenges unique to the season. One of the most common health conditions in the summer is heatstroke. When we’re not hydrated enough or spend too much time in the sun, our body temperature can rise beyond safe levels. Sometimes, it can go beyond 40° celsius, even if you do not have an infection.
Symptoms of Heatstroke
Heatstroke, or the rise in body temperatures, can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, and even blurred vision.
Heatstroke signs and symptoms include:
- 1. Extremely high body temperature. The main sign of heatstroke is the core body temperature reaching at least 104° F (40° C) or higher, based on the readings of a rectal thermometer.
- 2. Altered mental state or behavior. A patient may be observed with confusion, agitation, slurred speech, irritability, and/or delirium. In severe cases, the patient may experience seizures or coma.
- 3. Changes in perspiration. In heatstroke brought on by hot weather, the skin will feel hot and dry to the touch. On the other hand, the skin may feel dry or slightly moist when the heatstroke is caused by strenuous exercise.
- 4. Nausea and vomiting. Stomach upset that can lead to vomiting is also quite common.
- 5. Flushed skin. As the body temperature increases, the skin will appear flushed.
- 6. Rapid breathing. With too much heat, the body will require more oxygen so breathing may become rapid and shallow.
- 7. Racing heart rate. The pulse may significantly increase because heat stress places a tremendous burden on the heart to help cool the body.
- 8. Headache. Your head may throb. The patient usually experiences a throbbing headache.
Prevent Heatstroke and Protect Your Heart Health
When the body tries to stave off the extra heat, the heart has to work extra hard to cool down. This is the reason why people with heart problems, such as angina or coronary heart disease, should watch out for heatstroke.
Harvard Health states that it can be difficult for the heart to reroute your blood flow and help keep your body at the right temperature if your heart is damaged. The heart could be affected either by a heart attack or cardiomyopathy, or if your arteries are clogged with cholesterol.
Coupled with the fast heart rate, or tachycardia, that you can experience during a heat stroke, the heart becomes over-stressed. These can then increase the severity of both the heatstroke and heart disease symptoms.
Dr. Sonny Viloria advises that a healthy lifestyle is a key to preventing heart problems that can worsen other health conditions, like heatstroke.
If you’re healthy, your body is more able to handle the stress that comes from heat or other temperature conditions. When the hot summer months occur, you just need to stay hydrated and make sure to not overexert yourself, especially when it’s hot. But to make sure you stay healthy and fit in the long run, you should always pay attention to your overall health and wellness.
On the physical side, you can try to make adjustments to your diet. Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and fish, instead of processed foods that can increase the bad cholesterol in your body.
Meanwhile, regular walking or exercise can also help improve your blood flow, which will definitely help your heart.
Relaxation activities such as meditation or body massage, or even just taking time off for your hobbies can also keep stress away!
Drop the Vice
Vices and good health are just two separate concepts. Be mindful of what you consume. It is advised to quit cigarette smoking because there is nothing good about it. Smoking just increases the risk for heart ailments and other health problems.
If you consume alcohol, do it moderately.
Food Supplements for the Heart
To complete your health regimen, take food supplements, such as Organique Acai Premium Blend. It is a powerful superfood that can also help strengthen your immune system. With its mix of antioxidants such as anthocyanin, vitamin C, and vitamin B, you can help improve your overall health in an all-natural way.
Moreover, it is safe to take for all ages. All you need is to take just one shot glass of Organique Acai Premium Blend before breakfast to protect your heart.
Organique Açaí Premium Blend at the Shopee 5.5 Brands Festival
Get Organique Açaí Premium Blend and other variants at the 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐞 𝟓.𝟓 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥. Enjoy up to 50% off brand bundles as well as 10% off daily from April 26 to May 7, 2022. There are freebies, too, like the Acai Berry Dried Capsules. Remember to use your ShopeePay to get your free shipping!
- Get Organique Açaí Premium Blend from this link: https://shope.ee/79yVsABLtI
The Organique Açaí Premium Blend is a powerful antioxidant that is rich in heart-healthy Omega 3, 6, 7, 9 fatty acids. To know more, visit organique.com.ph or call hotline, 0969-1754233. Available in all Mercury drugstores, S&R outlets, and other major drugstores and supermarkets nationwide.