Eyelash Extensions for mom
Sometimes, Mommy can get fed up with things. You can barely take care of yourself, let alone be able to feel a bit pretty. It’s hard to balance beauty on one hand and all the other things you NEED to do in your other hand. You want instant makeover, mommies? Have some eyelash extensions attached.
I have long lashes but they are not abundant nor wavy. They just stick out straight. It would take a lot of curling and mascara for them to set and look significant on my face.
A New Look for Mom
As a mom having two kids, while blogging, and homeschooling in Bacolod, I can get lost in all that’s happening around me. I don’t have a babysitter or a helper so then, it’s easy to forget all about myself.
But sometimes, you just feel you need a breather. You get bored and want to change your look. The easiest would be to get a haircut and of course, have a change of hairstyle. But you can also change your look and lighten your mood with eyelash extensions. I tell you, it happened to me.
Human Hair Eyelash Extensions
So I went to Jenelyn’s Embroidery at the 2nd Floor of the University Courtyard, La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City. I went there for a foot spa and a pedicure and ended up having those as well as eyelash extensions.
For P800, I got longer and fuller lashes, a new look, and a better mood. hahaha
I was told that they used human hair for my eyelash extensions. From whom these hairs are from, I don’t dare know. But what I know is, they are lighter than synthetic hair, which I had before. Since they are taken from real hair, they have the same consistency as my existing lashes, so it seems there are no foreign objects on my eyelids.
Sexy Look Eyelash Extensions
There are different lengths of eyelash extensions, depending on what you like and for what occasion. There’s something for the casual, everyday look, the medium length, and the pageant look. There’s also the sexy look or the cat’s eye, where they will attach short lashes from the inner eye towards the center.
From the middle going outside the lids, they will attach longer strands to create an illusion of length. My eyes look sultry, at least for me. hahaha Don’t argue please. Allow me this indulgence.
Anyway, with the eyelash extensions, I don’t need to apply mascara and even eyeliner because it kind of put an outline and emphasized my eyes. I feel pretty. hahaha I love it. I can only wish that I can have this everyday.
How to Attach the Eyelash Extensions
So at Jenelyn’s Embroidery, they have a comfortable, air conditioned room for this service. Here’s the process.
- Cleaning the eye area with cleanser to remove oils, dirt, and especially makeup. But it is best to go there without makeup on.
- The lower lashes will be taped so that they won’t stick to the other lashes or even the lid. This is to avoid accidents.
- Each lash is attached one by one.
- Use of a fan. You will feel a slight stinging sensation when the glue is still wet. They have a rechargeable fan handy when this happens and they will let the fan blow on your eyes. This will ease the sting as the glue dries up, which happens pretty fast.
- The entire process takes about 30 to 45 minutes, as they attach one hair after another. Yep, it’s that painstaking. As for the glue, it just dries up fast. Check the process below as they took a video of me.
Watch my eyelash extensions being attached:
Care for Eyelash Extensions
After installation of eyelash extensions, here are the instructions for the care. This new look can last up to a month, depending on how you take care of it. I can only wish, it’s permanent. But I was told that there are no permanent extensions. So when you want one, just visit Jenelyn’s Embroidery again. 😀
- Do not to wash it overnight to let the glue settle. I cleaned my face with makeup remover and then toner, avoiding the eye area.
- The following day when I took a bath, I washed my face already with soap and water but I did not rub around the eye area. Then I just dabbed my eyes with a towel to remove excess water. It kinda stung when I opened my eyes without wiping because a lot of water had accumulated on my new lashes. haha So you can dab, but not rub.
- Don’t scratch or rub the eyes. Not only will it remove the eyelash extensions, it might irritate your eyes.
- Do not use mascara, it will clump the hair extensions.
About Jenelyn’s Embroidery
Jenelyn’s Embroidery specializes in beauty enhancements like nail tech, eyelash extensions, and permanent makeup. They have personalized service and friendly staff. Prices are reasonable, too. Visit them for your beauty needs. Since the place is small, it is best to book an appointment before visiting.
2nd Floor, University Courtyard, La Salle Avenue
Bacolod City, 6100 Negros Occidental
Open from Monday to Saturdays, from 10am to 7pm
FB Page: Jenelyn’s Embroidery
For appointments, contact: (0915) 3519408 | 034 705 8806
Moms, if these things make you feel good about yourselves, they by all means do this from time to time. It will help you sanity. haha
Read Similar Posts: