69 1 8
Baby back ribs is a yummy pork dish that became very popular in Bacolod City. With its sweet, barbecue sauce and tender meat, it’s surely going to cover a lot of rice. Which among the Bacolod restaurants serving baby back ribs do you prefer? What if you can make your own restaurant-style spicy baby back ribs at home? Here is a simple hack.
Spicy Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Now, you can impress the whole family with your cooking prowess using this simple kitchen hack. McCormick Spicy Spareribs Seasoning Mix just made the job so much easier. So here’s your spicy baby back ribs, baby!
- 800 gms-1 kilo of American Ribs, boiled in aromatic ingredients
- Garlic, onions, laurel leaves, carrots, celery, salt, pepper
- 1 whole head garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsps. honey or maple syrup
- 1 pack McCormick Spicy Spareribs Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsps. oil
- Dash of dried thyme, optional
- Boil the ribs in water that can cover the meat. Add the garlic, onion, laurel leaves, salt, pepper, and other aromatic vegetables.
- Cook the ribs until tender, about 30-40 minutes of active boiling. Remove the ribs from the pot and drain.
- In a pan, mix the chopped garlic, onions, salt, pepper, and honey or maple syrup.
- Dissolve the McCormick Spicy Spareribs Seasoning Mix in 3/4 cup water. Add it in the pan. Stir in the oil and a dash of dried thyme.
- Heat this mixture and bring to a simmering boil. Add the ribs and cook for several minutes, turning the ribs around to make sure that all sides are coated. Turn off heat.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C .
- Lighting grease the bottom of a baking pan.
- Arrange the ribs on the pan and pour over the spicy seasoning mixture. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until it turns an appetizing brown. Serve hot, usually with white rice.
Cooking tip: The boiling part is not just to make the ribs tender. It is also the time to inject flavor into the meaty parts. That is why you need to season the water and add aromatic ingredients. It helps add flavor and character to your ribs.
In Bacolod City, some meat shops are not aware when you order baby back ribs. So ask for the American ribs cut — this is what is used for the restaurant-style baby back ribs.
I got my ribs at Bahamas Meat Shop, Tindalo Street, Bacolod City. Since it’s not readily available, you may want to order beforehand to make sure that they have American ribs on stock. Call 709-1587 for orders.
They offer a free delivery services for a minimum order of 10 kilos, especially during the Covid-19 enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
Other Homecooking Recipes in this Blog
Meanwhile, here are some other difficult recipes that you can try at home.
- Arroz Caldo Recipe: How to Liven Up This Comfort Food
- DIY Shabu-shabu Hot Pot Recipe for the Family
- How to Cook KBL (Kadyos, Baboy, Langka): Ilonggo Comfort Food
- Health Benefits of Oyster Mushrooms + Recipe
- Fight Off Depression by Baking Oatmeal Cookies
- Suaje on the Rocks Recipe
- Creamy Baked Scallops with with Sliced Potato Recipe
- Balut Recipes for the Craving Mama
- Cha Misua | Chinese Birthday Misua Recipe
- Baked 40-Clove Garlic Chicken Recipe (Modified)
- Mildly Spicy Crab Maritess Recipe for a Happy Husband
- Cooking with Crab Fat Paste (Aligue)
- Cooking with Chorizo | Cocina Estella Spanish Chorizo
- Creamy Peach Mango Ice Box Cake Recipe with Brojas
- Shrimp Etouffee: A Cajun Seafood Recipe
69 1 8